Location: North Vancouver
Job Type: Full-time
Epic Safety is a North Vancouver based company specializes in developing monitored, cloud connected life safety devices for seniors. We are transforming the way seniors connect to their family and help providers in case of an emergency. We’re building the most user friendly and advanced devices and platform that brings peace of mind to seniors and their loved ones. At the moment, we need a great embedded software engineer to extend our existing team.
- Develop and debug embedded software and firmware.
- Lead and coordinate trouble shooting activities with software and hardware engineer.
- Design and develop all of software and work closely with R&D engineers to quickly prototype, design, and implement new ideas.
- Generate documentation and technical/functional specifications as needed.
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy to ensure code is robust and secure.
- Optimizing product performance to meet design criteria.
- Writing technical specifications and reports.
- Preparing sub-systems block diagrams and functional schematics.
- Producing test protocols; perform tests and analyze results to prove compliance with all design/performance and requirements.
- Follow full life-cycle of product development process.
- At least 3-year work experience in embedded software development.
- BSEE/CS is mandatory, MS is preferable.
- Be able to read schematics.
- Hands on programming skills and experience in embedded C and Python software development/debugging method and tools
- RTOS such as FreeRTOS and Open RTOS
- Eclips IDE
- MCU or MPU, such as ARM
- Reading Schematic/PCB
- Timer, Error handler
- Lower level software (Bootloader)
Experience and knowledge in the following areas will be a plus:
- Peripheral device interface and driver I2C/U(S)ART/SPI/GPIO/PCM/I2S/PWM
- AT command
- GPS(GNSS), Bluetooth, SubGHz RF, 3G Module, Sensors
Come be a part of our diverse team! We are looking forward to your application.APPLY NOW